Grant Street Group is a growing software company in downtown Pittsburgh. We use open source software and modern Perl practices to build custom hosted web applications. We create web-based electronic payment systems, auctions, and tax collection systems for banks, financial companies, and state and local governments.
We have been hiring great Perl developers for many years, and we want to further expand our distributed team of talented and friendly developers. Most of our experienced developers telecommute; on-site positions are also available.
Required skills and experience:
- Senior Perl programming experience (or expertise with other dynamic languages such as Python, Ruby – Candidates must have an interest programming in Perl).
- Mastery at writing elegant and robust software
- Expertise in relational databases and SQL
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent grades and a track record of success, ideally has been a key contributor to Open Source projects
Here are just some of the tools and approaches we use. Experience with any of them is helpful:
- MySQL, ORMs (DBIx::Class, Class::DBI)
- git, Subversion
- jQuery, Ajax
- Modern Perl (Moose, Catalyst)
- Numerical and financial calculations
- Large-scale production Web environments (FastCGI, nginx)
- Linux environments (RHEL, CentOS)
- Amazon Web Services and Free Open Source Software is a plus
- Messaging frameworks (rabbitmq, 0mq)
We are interested in contract, contract-to-hire or permanent hires. On-site and telecommute opportunities.
Grant Street Group’s culture reflects an emphasis on teamwork, high standards, individual responsibility, and work/family balance.
All candidates must currently live in the US or Canada and have US or Canadian citizenship or a Permanent Residency/Green Card.