Would you like to be a key player in managing a database configuration that is essential to a business model?
Do you consider yourself to be the best at what you do and are you eager to collaborate with a team of other talented professionals?
Then you should consider this opportunity with us at Grant Street Group!
We are a growth-oriented privately held software development company that supports a variety of clients in specialized financial transactions. Our hosted Software as a Service (SaaS) applications support tax collection, electronic payments, bond auctions and more. This position will play a key role on our Platform Reliability Engineering team and is eligible for telecommuting! Minimal travel is required for biannual company meetings in Pittsburgh.
We are actively seeking a MySQL Database Administrator (DBA) with a performance and automation mindset. You’re perfect for this challenge if you are:
- Able to direct and execute the planning, design, testing, implementation, control, tuning, and maintenance of high-performance, high-traffic MySQL databases.
- Adept at supporting high profile web applications.
- Capable of deploying the latest automation solutions.
- Proficient in analyzing very large complex queries and determining how best to optimize them.
- Expertise in MySQL database administration
- Performance analysis and query tuning
- Other RDBMS administration experience may be substituted, but knowledge of and experience with MySQL is required
- High-Availability database architecture design and implementation
- MySQL replication and backups
- MySQL 5.6 – 8 DBA certification or equivalent expertise
- Knowledge of Linux systems administration
- UNIX administration experience may be substituted, but a strong knowledge of Linux is required
- High-Availability and Disaster Recovery architectures
- Performance Analysis and Tuning
- Working experience with a scripting language
- Perl, Python, Ruby (Perl preferred)
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate organizational, decision making and communications skills
Experience with any of the following is helpful:
- Percona Toolkit/Maatkit
- Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM)
- Percona 5.6, 5.7, 8 (and the percona-specific variables)
- With GTID replication
- RHEL/CentOS 6-8
- Data Warehouse technologies and practices
- NoSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, EXASOL, MemSQL
- Puppet, Chef
If you love automating and replacing yourself with your code, this job is for you. As a seasoned Operations expert, not only will you be responsible for keeping our systems up and running, you will also help us move toward the perfect Operations team and systems.
Our extraordinary company culture is the foundation of our unmatched customer service — just ask our clients! We reward teamwork, professional excellence, and individual responsibility. Using the best collaboration tools available, we offer a technology-rich work environment that makes it possible for us to support on-site and telecommuting positions tailored to the needs of our employees. If you are passionate about your work, you have entrepreneurial spirit and you want to be on a team of exceptional professionals, Grant Street is for you.
Want to start a discussion on your qualifications? You can start that process by clicking on the link below.