Do you love building highly available scalable systems? Do you have a passion for automating repetitive tasks and eliminating toil?
Grant Street Group is seeking an enthusiastic and collaborative Systems Administrator who is passionate about technology and service to add to our friendly and talented Platform Engineering team.
We are currently offering all Platform Engineer – SysAdmin hires a $5,000 signing bonus.
At Grant Street Group, we rely on our Platform Engineering team to provide a secure, high availability environment for our business. We are seeking a system administrator who is eager to use and grow their technological skills on a nationwide stage. In this role, the successful individual will protect our critical information/systems, build solutions, implement new software, and assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution. You will be an integral part of our Platform Engineering team and be given challenging assignments and opportunities to lead initiatives and projects.
Expect an exciting, cutting edge and challenging environment where you can automate your way to more responsibilities.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Implement and configure servers (physical and VMs), network, databases, and backup; monitoring for new business visible projects, working closely with developers.
- Conduct regular software maintenance; patching, testing, scheduling production upgrades
- Conduct technical research on recurring issues and problems and present solutions to the team
- Write and maintain custom scripts and make use of other automations to increase team and company productivity
- Create and maintain documentation of system configurations and processes
- Work with our security team to ensure compliance with security policies and best practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary
What makes you a good fit? You should have:
- 3+ years of experience as a linux system administrator
- 2+ years virtualization experience
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience in writing complex shell scripts (bash, python, ruby, perl, etc.)
- Good command of SQL
- Experience working with a wide range of diagnostic utilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills, and a keen attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation in a team-based, collaborative environment
Here are some of the tools we use. Experience with any of them is helpful:
- MySQL or other RDBMS administration experience
- VMware, Xen, KVM
- ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ
- DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NGINX, SSL, SMTP
- Etcd, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcache
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Containers, Docker and Kubernetes
- Firewalls, Load Balancers, Network Storage
GCP, AWS, Azure
Grant Street Group is a growing software company providing SaaS applications to support tax collection, electronic payments, bond auctions and more.
Our extraordinary company culture is the foundation of our unmatched customer service — just ask our clients! We reward teamwork, professional excellence, and individual responsibility. Using the best collaboration tools available, we offer a technology-rich work environment that makes it possible for us to support on-site and telecommuting positions tailored to the needs of our employees. If you are passionate about your work, you have entrepreneurial spirit and you want to be on a team of exceptional professionals, then Grant Street Group could be the opportunity you’re looking for!
If this sounds like something you would enjoy, apply today. We can’t wait to get to know you!