Do people constantly think your job is limited to graphic design, but you know it’s so much more than that? Do you design beyond the colors, fonts, and pixels and focus on the users, their processes, and goals? Do you want to work on all sorts of fun and meaningful design projects? If so, Grant Street Group is the perfect fit for you.
We’re looking for someone to join our UX department and partner with our Business Analysts, Product Managers, and Sales and Marketing teams to convert business and user needs into innovative and successfully designed solutions. You’ll work with our User Experience Manager to lead various design projects for small to large size applications across the company.
“Like what?” you might ask. Well, some of the projects we’ve focused on over the past year include:
Designing brand new applications like our LienHub platform which combines a number of existing products into a new unified web app.
Application facelifts, like our TouristExpress platform, which allow us to focus on updating some of our legacy applications to make them more user friendly for everyone.
New business cards. After years with the same business card design, we came up with a new look that better reflects Grant Street Group’s values and professionalism, while also allowing team members to pick a style that best meets their personality.
The Kiosk project, which presented an opportunity to move into a brand new sector and experiment with designing hardware and software to better optimize the entire user experience of interacting with our platforms.
We also worked on a ton of other projects like designing career fair banners to maximize candidate interest, conference artwork to excite participants, and other marketing materials to best convey our brand.
As a software company specializing in government products, we believe design is a key part in creating effective, efficient, and taxpayer friendly solutions.
What will you have the opportunity to do in this position?
- Help in the planning and execution of user research studies such as contextual inquiries, user surveys, and usability tests.
- Analyze user requirements and business needs through use cases, user research, and user flows.
- Create design concepts, storyboards, information architecture, wireframes, detailed user interface designs, interactive prototypes and user interface specifications for various applications.
- Produce brand standards and visual assets that are reusable across our platforms.
- Work closely with the development and testing teams in the implementation and testing of user interfaces.
- Create and maintain user experience guidelines and design standards.
Here are a few of the traits we covet and tools we employ. Experience with any of them is helpful:
- Passion for design and attention to detail.
- Understanding of websites and web applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Constant desire to learn new tools/technologies as well as to deepen your craft.
- Using wireframe mockups and a vector editing platform (Inkscape, Adobe Illustrator, etc) for more detailed designs.
- Interested in (and potentially excels at) coding HTML and CSS.
- A knack for solving complex problems, simply.
If you have all of these traits, or if you’re looking for somewhere to learn and develop them, we can’t wait to review your application.
Keep in mind that we have a tendency to pay special attention to those that put in extra effort in their applications. We are radical proponents of the belief that you are more than just a resume, so if you have experience designing other websites, applications, marketing pieces, artwork, etc., share them with us! Simply include links or images with your resume.
Excited to join us? We’re excited to have you! Apply today and we’ll get the ball rolling.