Bay County, Florida Selects TaxSys®February 16, 2018
Today, Grant Street Group announced that the Bay County Tax Collector’s Office has selected TaxSys® as their new tax collection and billing system. Home to Panama City and with a population of over 180,000, Bay County will become the 24th Florida county to implement TaxSys.
“After taking a close look at the tax systems in the market, we kept coming back to TaxSys based on its leading-edge technology and proven track record in Florida,” said Chuck Perdue, Bay County Tax Collector. “We have a high degree of confidence in the experience of Grant Street’s team and their diligent implementation process. We’re looking forward to a solution that aligns with our goals of improving operations and delivering excellent public service – our taxpayers deserve nothing less.”
TaxSys, the country’s first fully hosted cloud-based property tax collection system, processes over 61% ($19 billion) of property taxes collected in Florida using Grant Street’s secure private government cloud. The conversion to TaxSys is scheduled for go-live in March 2019. The Tax Collector’s office is also moving to Grant Street’s e-payment solution PaymentExpress, and RenewExpress for online DMV registration renewals, which will be live by May 2018. The full suite of integrated TaxSys products include:
- BillExpress™ for e-billing of tax notices;
- DeedExpress® for electronic tax deed applications;
- EscrowExpress® for online escrow tax payments;
- FRVIS Express™ and FDLIS Express™ for integrated cashiering with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles system;
- LienHub®, an online application that unifies and enhances delinquent real estate services;
- PaymentExpress®, electronic payment processing application for in-office and online payments via credit card, debit card, and e-check; and
- TitleExpress® for integrated property information reports.
“I applaud Mr. Perdue’s clear vision to advance his organization and taxpayer services through technology,” said Ian Yorty, Chief Business Development Officer for Grant Street. “We are eager to see TaxSys be the technology enabler to fulfill that vision.”
Bay County began hosting its online tax certificate sales on Grant Street’s LienAuction® platform in 2017, and will host the County’s tax certificate sale once again on BidBayCounty.com in May of 2018.
For more information, contact Ian Yorty at (305) 710-8926 or via email Ian.Yorty@GrantStreet.com.