Are you a well-rounded software developer with 2-5 years of experience, looking to apply and expand on your skillset to solve challenging problems? If so, Grant Street has a position that may be perfect for you!
Grant Street develops web-based applications to serve state and local government across the US. An important part of those applications is our integration with local hardware (such as PIN pad devices for processing credit cards) which is handled by a Windows-based application written in C#. This position would allow you the opportunity to delve deep into both sides of our technical stack. You would begin by supporting our C# application and working to become a trusted contributor to that product, before shifting focus to become a contributor on the web application side as well.
Grant Street Group is looking for a smart, humble, and driven professional who is ready to learn and work closely with their team to support these applications.
What makes you the perfect fit?
- Between 2-5 years experience in software development
- BS degree in CS or equivalent experience
- Experience with languages such as Go, Perl, or Python in a Unix environment
- Proficiency in .NET C# programming
- Experience developing Windows Services (using C#), or web services (using Go, Perl, Python, or a similar language)
- A willingness and appetite to learn new technologies and skills
What other (optional) skills do we like to see?
- Point of Sale system experience
- Credit card payment processing / PCI compliance
- Integration with devices such as PIN Pads, scanners, printers
- SQL (MySQL preferred)