Grant Street Group is looking for an experienced and dedicated Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Software Developer to support and improve the operations of our tax collection platform.
Are you the type of person who sees an inefficient or repetitive task and finds a way to make that easier? The perfect addition to our team loves the opportunity to learn new technologies or approaches, and is comfortable embracing change. We’re looking for someone with a software development background, whose instinct is to ask “How do I write software to do this, so no one has to ever do it again?”, not just “How do I get this thing done?”. You walk the fine line between adding new features and promoting stability. Ideally you’ve mastered a few technologies, but have exposure to a much larger number and are comfortable trying different things out.
The health and uptime of our platform will be in your hands. Your responsibilities will include:
- Front-line support with an on-call rotation spread across the team.
- Proactive monitoring and preparedness exercises such as chaos testing.
- Deploying code to production.
- Software development projects to reduce toil and automate common support tasks.
You’re the perfect fit if you have the following:
- Experience supporting a business critical application in a production environment.
- Experience in Linux environments (CentOS).
- Experience in software development.
- Experience with SQL. MySQL is preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to be on-call, as part of a regular support rotation.
- Willingness to work until 6PM Pacific Time at least two days per week.
While not required, experience with any of these will be helpful:
- Monitoring tools: Kibana, Grafana, Nagios, VividCortex
- Database technologies: MySQL, Galera
- Programming Languages: Perl, Golang, or similar
- Messaging frameworks: RabbitMQ
- Deployment tooling: git, Jenkins
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
This position is open to telecommuters. There is minimal travel: 2-4 weeks per year for on-site meetings in Pittsburgh. If you live (or want to) in Pittsburgh, you can work in our beautiful headquarters atop the Heinz building.
Our extraordinary company culture is the foundation of our unmatched customer service — just ask our clients! We reward teamwork, professional excellence, and individual responsibility. Using the best collaboration tools available, we offer a technology-rich work environment that makes it possible for us to support on-site and telecommuting positions tailored to the needs of our employees. If you are passionate about your work, you have entrepreneurial spirit and you want to be on a team of exceptional professionals, then maybe Grant Street is for you!