Do you enjoy having a direct influence on winning new business? Can you tame complex documents? If you enjoy collaborating across teams and possess superior organizational skills, creativity, and attention to detail, keep reading!
This position will be part of the Business Development Team and support the team’s activities focused on securing new business for Grant Street. The Marketing/Proposal Specialist will work across teams to help complete new business Request for Proposal (RFP) responses, including all aspects of the proposal development process to ensure on-time delivery of compelling, compliant, and well-written proposals. This role will also support sales efforts through market research, development of presentations, demonstration materials, marketing and sales collateral, sales conference preparation, and direct marketing campaigns.
- Support the sales team with planning, implementing, and monitoring of sales and marketing activities and projects
- Assist in managing the proposal development lifecycle and all support deliverables, before and after submission
- Develop proposal content to ensure compliance to RFP requirements, evaluation criteria, and technical requirements
- Monitor relevant competitive procurement opportunities, including the bid opportunities pipeline and circulate opportunities to appropriate stakeholders
- Create compelling presentations for prospect demos using PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Set up/create demonstration websites for sales presentations
- Provide support with sales efforts, including administrative support for meetings, demos, and virtual or physical tradeshows and events
- Create sales support sales and marketing collateral such as brochures, case studies, direct mail, etc.
- Develop, implement, and track direct marketing efforts to include email and traditional mail campaigns
- Conduct research on new markets and competitor analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (drafting, proofreading, and editing)
- Strong prioritization and organization
- Attention to detail
- Google Workspace Suite (Drive, Docs, Slides, Sheets)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, or Photoshop)
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Page layout / graphic design
- Ability to design and write copy for marketing materials
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent in relevant experience
- Prior experience in sales and marketing (preferably in the technology industry)
- A demonstrated understanding of effective proposal and presentation writing and production
- Overall desire to contribute to a team focused on winning new business for Grant Street
This position is open to U.S.- based telecommuters. If you live (or want to) in Pittsburgh, you can work in our beautiful headquarters atop the Heinz building.