We are currently offering a $5,000 signing bonus to all Engineer hires.
Do you love solving complex operational problems with code? Do you have a passion for automating repetitive tasks and eliminating toil?
Grant Street Group is seeking an enthusiastic and collaborative Site Reliability Engineer who is passionate about technology and service and is eager to use and grow their technological skills on a nationwide stage.
A Grant Street Group Site Reliability Engineer is a highly trained specialist who combines their veteran software development abilities, expert troubleshooting skills, and breadth of knowledge to solve our most challenging operational issues. The SRE team is responsible for designing and operating the tools to make building, shipping, and running code in production easy and safe.
At Grant Street Group, we depend on our Site Reliability Engineering team to ensure our products and services perform flawlessly at scale in production. In this role, the successful individual will proactively identify and remediate production risks, build solutions, streamline our ability to launch new services and products, and assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
You will be an integral part of our Site Reliability Engineering team and be given challenging assignments and opportunities to lead initiatives and projects.
Expect an exciting, cutting edge and challenging environment where you can automate your way to more responsibilities.
You will have the opportunity to
- Take a software developers approach to solving operational problems
- Design new solutions to the challenges of scaling our environment
- Build and improve the process and tooling we use to take code from concept through being deployed and in use in production.
- Proactively test our reliability assumptions through chaos engineering, and help ensure we know exactly how a service will behave in potential outage scenarios.
- Conduct technical research on recurring issues and problems and present solutions to the team
- Write and maintain custom scripts and make use of other automations to increase team and company productivity
- Work with our security team to ensure compliance with security policies and best practices
- Be on the front-lines of resolving production impacting events.
What makes you a good fit? You should have:
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- 2+ years in an operations role using Linux
- Good command of SQL
- Experience working with a wide range of diagnostic utilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills, and a keen attention to detail
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation in a team-based, collaborative environment
Here are some of the tools we use. Experience with any of them is helpful:
- SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc),
- ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ
- Etcd, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcache
- Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana, and Nagios
- Containers, Docker and Kubernetes
Why consider Grant Street Group as part of your future?
Our extraordinary company culture is the foundation of our unmatched customer service — just ask our clients! We constantly try to find ways to provide employees with a positive work experience, including our new flexible hours pilot program, which allows experienced Site Reliability Engineers to choose either a 4×10-hour day or the more traditional 5×8-hour day. We reward teamwork, professional excellence, and individual responsibility. Using the best collaboration tools available, we offer a technology-rich work environment that makes it possible for us to support on-site and telecommuting positions tailored to the needs of our employees. If you are passionate about your work, you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you want to be on a team of exceptional professionals, then maybe Grant Street is for you!
If this sounds like something you would enjoy, then let’s start a dialogue about your long-term goals and ours. Begin by submitting your resume through either our website or this link and let’s start getting to know each other! Please note that Grant Street may not consider your application if you have previously submitted an application for this role within the last 12 months. We thank you for your understanding.