Are you tired of seeing all of the poor user experiences around you, knowing that you could help create better solutions? Do you like analyzing data, piecing it together like a puzzle in order to uncover a larger story? Does asking questions like “What if?” and then testing your theories make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?
Then you should consider joining Grant Street Group’s UX team as a Researcher! We’re looking for someone to join our UX department and partner with our Business Analysts and Product Managers to convert business and user needs into innovative and successfully designed solutions. You’ll work with the User Experience team to lead research projects of varying scope and methodology for a range of digital products across the company.
What will you have the opportunity to do in this position?
- Help in the planning and execution of user research studies such as contextual inquiries, user interviews, competitive analyses, card sorting tasks, user surveys, and usability tests
- Translate requests from cross-functional stakeholders (product managers, BAs, developers, internal team, leaders, etc.) into research plans
- Communicate and advocate for key research findings in reports, presentations and meetings
- Work closely with the development and testing teams in the implementation and review of user interfaces
- Utilize data to identify areas for product improvement
- Participate in design brainstorming and decision making with UX team
Here are a few of the traits we covet and tools we employ. Experience with any of them is helpful:
- Experience conducting UX research in an academic or professional setting
- Understanding of websites and web applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Constant desire to learn new tools/technologies as well as to deepen your craft
- Experience with collecting user data from web applications (Google Analytics, etc.)
- Ability to process data and identify patterns that can be presented as actionable insights
- Grasp of web accessibility standards and methods of testing
- A knack for solving complex problems, simply
If you have all of these traits, or if you’re looking for somewhere to learn and develop them, we can’t wait to review your application. We are radical proponents of the belief that you are more than just a resume. If you’re excited about this opportunity, we can’t wait to get to know you!