Are you constantly imagining how the world around you could be redesigned? Do you want to go beyond just colors, fonts, and pixels to optimize user processes and goals? If so, Grant Street Group may be the perfect fit for you.
As a software company specializing in government products, we believe design plays a key part in creating effective, efficient, and taxpayer friendly solutions.
Over the course of the summer, our UX Intern will work with our growing UX department to convert business and user needs into innovative and successfully designed solutions. You’ll work on all kinds of projects and applications across the company, such as redesigning marketing materials for career fairs, giving a facelift to our online applications, or analyzing user research studies to find the best solution to each new challenge. You’ll have the freedom and autonomy to learn and grow, as well as the structure to keep you from getting stuck. Most importantly, you’ll get to own real and impactful projects.
What makes you the perfect fit? We seek talented folks who:
- Have a strong record of academic achievement.
- Seek out opportunities to learn.
- Have a strong passion for design and attention to detail.
- Understand the basics of websites and web applications.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Are excited to learn new tools/technologies.
- Have a knack for solving complex problems, simply.
- Have an interest in coding HTML and CSS (optional, but a plus).
We are radical proponents of the belief that you are more than just a resume, so if you have experience designing other websites, applications, marketing pieces, artwork, etc., share them with us! Simply include links or images with your resume.
Excited to join us? We’re excited to have you! Apply today and we’ll get the ball rolling.